If you encounter problems during the course of Installing the ParaMonte library or using the library, please take the following actions,
- Search the issues page (including closed issues) to see if anyone has encountered the same problem. If so add your experience to that issue thread.
- If unable to resolve the problem, please file a new issue and include the following information:
- The programming language interface within which the bug has been detected.
- The specific compiler (for C. C++, Fortran) or language interpreter (for Julia, Python, R, …) used.
- If parallel, the communication library being used e.g., MPICH, OpenMPI, MVAPICH, Intel MPI, GASNet, … and the version number.
- The ParaMonte library version number. If you are building from the
master) branch on GitHub, then preferably provide the commit SHA.
- Conditions required to reproduce the problem,
- The Operating System, name and version.
- The Architecture of machine/hardware the code is running on.
- If parallel, the number of MPI ranks/processing elements/coarray images being run on.
- If applicable, your code compilation process, including all flags and commands.
- If possible, a minimal reproducer code that could trigger the bug.
- Any help you can provide diagnosing, isolating and fixing the problem is appreciated! Please see the development guidelines for more information.
If you have any questions about the topics discussed on this page, feel free to ask in the comment section below, or raise an issue on the GitHub page of the library, or reach out to the ParaMonte library authors.