seaborn). Once Anaconda is installed on your system, find and open an Anaconda-provided Windows command-prompt from the Windows startup, as shown in the figure below.
There are three ways to install and use the ParaMonte library from Python:
The fastest way
Install the latest release of the ParaMonte Python library via the Python Package Index (PyPI). To do so,
- Open an Anaconda command-prompt (on Windows) or a Bash shell (on Unix-like OS such as Linux or Darwin/macOS), then type,
pip install --user --upgrade paramonte
This will install the Python interface to ParaMonte on your system along with any dependencies. If you are inside an
jupytersession, try instead,
!pip install --user --upgrade paramonte
- Then, open a Python (or
jupyter) session and type,
import paramonte as pm
- The ParaMonte Python library is ready to use!
The fast way
- Download and unzip the prebuilt Python package for ParaMonte from the project repository’s release page on GitHub:
- for Windows: libparamonte_python_windows_x64.zip.
- for Linux: libparamonte_python_linux_x64.tar.gz.
- for macOS: libparamonte_python_darwin_x64.tar.gz.
Important: If you are a macOS user, we strongly recommend you to NOT download the library directly from the the library's GitHub release page and NOT by clicking directly on the above link. Instead, use the
curlcommand line program to download your the library from the release page. To do so, first make sure you have
curlinstalled on your system. If it is not installed, you can install it via Homebrew,
brew install curlThen, copy the web-link to the ParaMonte Python library and download it via
curlto the current folder. For example,
libname=libparamonte_python_darwin_x64 curl -OL https://github.com/cdslaborg/paramonte/releases/latest/download/$libname.tar.gz tar xvzf $libname.tar.gz && cd $libname
- Open an Anaconda command-prompt (on Windows) or a Bash shell (on Unix-like OS such as Linux or Darwin/macOS).
- Change the working directory of your shell environment to the unzipped directory of the ParaMonte Python library, such that when you list the contents of your current working directory, you see a subdirectory named
paramonte. This subdirectory contains the Python module interface to the ParaMonte library.
- Open an
jupytersession in this environment, and type
import paramonte as pm.
- Congratulations! you have successfully installed the Python interface to the ParaMonte library on your system.
paramonte subdirectory. Otherwise, the Python interpreter will not be able to find and
The long way
If your platform is other than Windows/Linux/macOS or, if your system’s architecture is other than
amd64, also known as
x64, or, if you are a professional programmer constantly challenging your computer programming knowledge and skills, then the last resort to install the ParaMonte Python library on your system is to build the library from scratch on your system. In such a case, you will have to follow the special instructions given for your platform on this website,
seaborn may be weak. In particular,
import matplotlib is known to cause a
segmentation fault error on some platforms, which subsequently leads to the crash of the active Python session. The Python interface of ParaMonte has been implemented in such a way as to ensure that no unnecessary call is made to the visualization libraries as long as the user is only interested in performing a pure ParaMonte simulation, without any visualizations or post-processing of the current (or some old preexisting) ParaMonte simulation output files.